Vehicle Insurance

Vehicle Insurance

Arizona requires that every motor vehicle operated on our roadways be covered by one of the statutory forms of financial responsibility, more commonly called liability insurance, through a company that is authorized to do business in Arizona. This includes golf carts, motorcycles, and mopeds driven on AZ streets, roads or highways

Minimum levels of financial responsibility are:

  • $25,000 bodily injury liability for one person
  • $50,000 bodily injury liability for two or more persons
  • $15,000 property damage liability

You must have current proof of your insurance in the vehicle when you are driving, whether you own it or not. Law enforcement officers will ask you for proof of insurance at the time of traffic stops or accidents. Insurance companies notify MVD of all policy cancellations, non-renewals, and new policies. If your insurance company sends MVD a notice that your policy is no longer active, they will send you an inquiry notice to verify your insurance status. Good luck straightening that out, if your carrier sent it in error.

Failure to maintain proper insurance could lead to the suspension of your vehicle registration and/or driver's license, not to mention a civil traffic ticket with fine exceeding $1,000.00. To reinstate these privileges, fees and future proof of financial responsibility must be filed with MVD. The future-proof requirement is most commonly an SR22 form from an insurance company. This can be expensive to the vehicle owner, especially since the law requires the owner to carry the SR22 for three years from the date of suspension.

Contact Chuck Franklin Law

Do you require legal assistance with vehicle insurance? Chuck Franklin Law is here to help. Call (602) 932-0659 to be directly connected with Attorney Chuck Franklin to develop a plan to fight for your rights.

Get It Done
With Us Today

Secure your future with expert legal guidance from Chuck Franklin Law. Whether you're facing a criminal charge, dealing with a personal injury, or need legal advice, we're here to help. Our experienced team is committed to providing you with the best possible outcomes.

Contact Chuck Today